Monday, July 18, 2011

Product Review: Salomon Ace snowboard

The Salomon Ace is my first board, the one I've learned on.  I've been fortunate (?) enough to really beat on it over the last two seasons and grow into it as an intermediate rider.

I bought it a bit longer than it needed to be which may have made the learning curve a but steeper but I love it now as the length makes it easy to pick up speed to get through deep pow.

I've ridden it on all kinds of terrain at this point; thigh deep powder, early morning crud, ice and hard pack and soft spring snow.  The board is wonderfully diverse giving plenty of pop and flex in powder with great stability on hard surfaces.  Bumps and drops are equally well dampered.  The rubber pads and Aspen light core provide excellent shock absorbtion so if you have sensitive knees don't worry.

Did I mention I beat on it?  After many falls and ill advised routes the board has held up exceptionally well - it has the expected dings and chips from environmental hazards but the integrity of the material is very satisfactory.

At the midrange of $200-$300 the Salomon Ace is a superb value and I highly recommend it.

Specs:
Flex Rating 3/5
Directional Twin shape
Quadratic Sidecut
Rubber Pads
Aspen Light Core
BA Medium Density Glass
Extruded Base
Standard Stone Grind
Standard camber profile

No comments:

Post a Comment